Monday 21 December 2009

the beginning of days...

Howdy, so...the blog is because every now and then people ask me how the helmets are coming along, what colour and designs i'm going to do, how much they will cost, whether they can really beat sweet etc, etc..

And most of the time I dont have a clue and just want to go to sleep.

So I have started this blog which I can keep updated when i'm actually awake enough and so I can revert to my antisocial and introverted ways and maybe get some work done. It will also serve as an alert for when people need to give me a kick up the arse..

So here's your first update:

The helmet designs have been going nowhere since early November;

Prolems at the minute are:
  • 1) how to make the first mould from the plug
  • 2) how to scale the mould down so as to fit "normal" people as at the minute its a tad too big

The good news is I have now solved problem no.1 and will shortly be getting on the way with making the first split center line mould (SCLM) and then the first L/XL helmet prototypes (aka the "poolemans").

I have just purchased some new resins and tooling gel coat more suitable for making the moulds so things should get moving again when they arrive.

I'll be putting some pictures and descriptions up of what i've got and what i'll be doing with it as well as my general rants, ravings, philosophical musings, and if i get bored some actual boating bits too.

Francis.

P.S. "EST" - est are a group of paddlers from newcastle who i have temporarily stolen the brand name from to cover up my poor lack of imagination. Hopefully they either won't notice till its too late or I will be struck by some divine inspiration before too long. Check them out at:

http://www.swim-team.blogspot.com

http://extremeswimteam.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment